Premier League & Food Hygiene
As the premier league is drawing nearer, fans across the country are gearing up for the much-anticipated sporting event. The fans focus on the performance of their favourite football teams and the thrilling atmosphere that the Premier League provides. Although, a part of the experience that is often neglected, is the food hygiene ratings of the stadium & clubs’ facilities. We cannot stress the importance of understanding the hygiene standards they maintain to ensure a safe and enjoyable experience for all. In this blog, we’ll explore the importance of food hygiene ratings and uncover the scores of some top Premier League clubs so you have more awareness of your favourite team’s cleanliness levels.
The scores are pulled from the Food Standards Agency (FSA) which is responsible for food safety and hygiene in England, Wales and Northern Ireland. The FSA works with local authorities to enforce food safety regulations to make sure that standards are being met.
Within our research, we scored each premier league football stadium/club on the basis of four categories which are:
- Hygienic food handling – Hygienic handling of food including preparation, cooking, re-heating, cooling and storage
- Cleanliness and condition of facilities and building – Cleanliness and condition of facilities and building (including having appropriate layout, ventilation, hand washing facilities and pest control) to enable good food hygiene
- Management of food safety – System or checks in place to ensure that food sold or served is safe to eat, evidence that staff know about food safety, and the food safety officer has confidence that standards will be maintained in future.
- Food Hygiene Score – The rating is a snapshot of the standards of food hygiene found at the time of inspection.
The scores are based on a scale of 0-5 with a total figure out of 20 indicating 20 as the highest level of cleanliness.
- 5 is at the top of the scale, meaning that the hygiene standards are very good and fully comply with the law
- 0 is at the bottom of the scale, which means urgent improvement is necessary.
Premier League Football Food Hygiene Results
We have created our very own premier league tables, which showcase all of the teams and each of their scores for the four categories, along with their final score out of 20. From our findings, we now know that the football teams Brentford, Brighton & Hove Albion, Liverpool, all are at the top of the table with scores of 20/20. This indicates that these teams possess the highest level of cleanliness and fully comply with food hygiene standards.
The teams at the bottom of the table were Newcastle United 15/20, Crystal Palace 12/20, and Luton Town 12/20. With an issue as serious as food safety, it is important that all fans around the country are fully aware of their surroundings when enjoying their day out.
The Significance of Food Hygiene Ratings
Food hygiene ratings are extremely important in ensuring the safety and well-being of fans.
So, next time you attend a Premier League match, you will now be more informed about the decisions you make! And as for the teams at the top of the table, we can appreciate the dedication of the clubs towards providing a safe and enjoyable experience for their supporters.
At Cleanology, we provide professional cleaning services for a range of facilities such as events, office cleaning, financial services, and much more! Contact us today to enquire about your professional cleaning needs.